Friday, March 28, 2008

Chuck Klosterman's "23 Questions I Ask Everybody I Meet In Order To Decide If I Can Really Love Them."

I stumbled across this on another blog. I've never heard of this Klosterman fellow but the questions are quite exquisite and intriguing, so here goes....love me if you dare:

1) Let us assume you met a rudimentary magician. Let us assume he can do five simple tricks--he can pull a rabbit out of his hat, he can make a coin disappear, he can turn the ace of spades into the Joker card, and two others in a similar vein. These are his only tricks and he can't learn any more; he can only do these five. HOWEVER, it turns out he's doing these five tricks with real magic. It's not an illusion; he can actually conjure the bunny out of the ether and he can move the coin through space. He's legitimately magical, but extremely limited in scope and influence.

Would this person be more impressive than Albert Einstein?

Albert Einstein was incredibly smart but I know very little else about the man...and he's been dead for like...87 years? (no idea...I made that up) So if I met this real, but albeit simplistic, magician I would have to say he would be more impressive. In the greater scope of human existence, Einstein wins...but seeing as I have never met him, nor will I ever be able to, the magic man takes the cake here.

No comments: