Friday, March 28, 2008

#11

11) You are watching a movie in a crowded theater. Though the plot is mediocre, you find yourself dazzled by the special effects. But with twenty minutes left in the film, you are struck with an undeniable feeling of doom: You are suddenly certain your mother has just died. There is no logical reason for this to be true, but you are certain of it. You are overtaken with the irrational metaphysical sense that--somewhere--your mom has just perished. But this is only an intuitive, amorphous feeling; there is no evidence for this, and your mother has not been ill.

Would you immediately exit the theater, or would you finish watching the movie?

Again, this is a stupid question. Regardless of the movie, I would leave the theater to call my family to make sure everything was fine. All movies can be watched again at some point, and if this movie had no plot why would you even consider watching the last 20 minutes? I don't know what this is supposed to tell you about a person because it seems like a pretty obvious choice for anyone who has a mother....because you only get one mother. You may call more than one person "mom" but you only get one true mother. Plus I love my mom so I would want to know she's ok. Gosh. I can't get over how over stupid this questions is...sorry Klosterman.

No comments: