Friday, March 28, 2008

#3

3) Let us assume there are two boxes on a table. In one box, there is a relatively normal turtle; in the other, Adolf Hitler's skull. You have to select one of these items for your home. If you select the turtle, you can't give it away and you have to keep it alive for two years; if either of these parameters are not met, you will be fined $999 by the state. If you select Hitler's skull, you are required to display it in a semi-prominent location in your living room for the same amount of time, although you will be paid a stipend of $120 per month for doing so. Display of the skull must be apolitical.

Which option do you select?

This question, for me, is a matter of principles...and I happen to be a man of principles. As such, there's no way I'm keeping Adolf Hitler's skull in my house, let alone put it on display. I don't care about being paid bc its a matter of principles. On the other side, I get a sweet turtle...and I could totally keep it alive for two years. I guess you could lie about who's skull it was, but still...no. And even then a secret that huge would somehow get out...information like that just doesn't stay secret for very long...so then I'd have all kinds of bad media attention and death threats from...well....EVERYONE. So yea...no brainer to take the turtle (for me anyway).

No comments: