Friday, March 28, 2008

#15

15. You have a brain tumor. Though there is no discomfort at the moment, this tumor would unquestionably kill you in six months. However, your life can (and will) be saved by an operation; the only downside is that there will be a brutal incision to your frontal lobe. After the surgery, you will be significantly less intelligent. You will still be a fully functioning adult, but you will be less logical, you will have a terrible memory, and you will have little ability to understand complex concepts or difficult ideas. The surgery is in two weeks.

How do you spend the next fourteen days?

This is why I wouldn't want to watch my dreams...but if I was faced with this right now in real life, I'm not sure that I would go ahead with the surgery. Seriously. Technically you'd be alive, but really you're brain dead....significantly less intelligent, poor memory skills, and trouble understanding complex & difficult ideas. I guess if I were bigger I could still play Offensive Tackle for the Raiders but seeing as I'm not that big, that would severely limit my enjoyment with life. I'm a pretty smart guy, with a fairly strong long term memory and I like picking my brain with challenging puzzles, ideas and problems. Plus, any new person you met you would most likely forget, and seeing as I'm not married...that means I wouldn't remember my own wife (if I were lucky enough to still get married), or there'd be a good chance I wouldn't. So I don't think I would take the surgey, but live it up for the next six months. Travel all over the world, throw out the first pitch @ Wrigley Field, get to co-host Sportscenter, go on Conan, get a guest spot on Entourage (seeing as I was dying I think I could swing most of these things by tugging at the hearts of the people in charge :D) and attempt to sweep Natalie Portman off her feet...or at least give her one of those fancy "hollywood kisses." Yea...that would be awesome.

No comments: