Friday, March 28, 2008

#14

14. For reasons that cannot be explained, cats can suddenly read at a twelfth-grade level. They can't talk and they can't write, but they can read silently and understand the text. Many cats love this new skill, because they now have something to do all day while they lay around the house; however, a few cats become depressed, because reading forces them to realize the limitations of their existence (not to mention the utter frustration of being unable to express themselves).

This being the case, do you think the average cat would enjoy Garfield, or would cats find this cartoon to be an insulting caricature?

When I came upon these questions, this was the first one I saw (they were split into two entries and this one was the first question of the second set, which was done later than the first 13 so it appeared first on the blog....follow?) and thought it was one of the strangest things I had read in a long time. I couldn't tell if it was real, or something stupid, so I was really confused. Now that I understand...I don't care. I don't much like cats, and the idea that they can comprehend what they read is so nonsensical and pointless. So meh.

No comments: