Thursday, January 3, 2008

And this brings me back to my initial point...

Keep your loved ones close. I just let myself get so upset and so down about things that are almost entirely out of my control. Shit happens. There's no better way to say it. But that's the beauty of having people around you who care. They can say the simplest, most basic thing to you and totally make your day better. Doesn't have to be anyone "special" either. Your parents. A sibling. A child. A co-worker. A roommate. A friend. Or even a stranger. The nicest little things go a long way.

So even tho "tis the season" no longer rings true in the commercial/holiday sense, make this time to make it the season you tell those around you how much they mean to you, or that you appreciate them, or that you like their new haircut, or their shoes, or how helpful they've been, anything positive/complimentary/heartfelt will do great. And its my theory that if you keep doing that, those nagging, stressful things in your life won't be quite as bad. And you may even get a few nice things coming back to you...which is something I know everyone can use from time to time.

No comments: